Neighboring Catholic Parishes of Interest
|Brand bei Gföhl||Mühldorf-Niederranna|
|Gföhl||Münichreith am Ostrong|
|Kottes||St. Johann bei Großheinrichschlag|
|Maria Laach am Jauerling||Zwettl Stad|
With exception of more recent records that are kept in the individual parishes, most of the existing baptismal, marriage, and death records for these parishes are stored at the Catholic Diocese Archives in St. Pölten. Current exceptions to this are Gföhl, St. Johann bei Großheinrichschlag, and Zwettl Stadt where all records remain with their parishes, and the parishes of Kottes and Purk where their earlier records are stored at the Stift Göttweig Archives near Krems. A digitization project is currently underway throughout the St. Pölten Diocese, which will ultimately result in most non-current parish records being stored at the diocese archives in St. Pölten in both their original and digital formats.
Records Available at the St. Pölten Diocese Archives
- Once you arrive at the Diocese Archives web site . . .
- Click on "Familienforschung" to the left, then . . .
- "Pfarrarchive" to the right, then . . .
- "Recherche Pfarrarchive" to the right, then . . .
- "Pfarrarchive" in the middle, then . . .
- "Pfarrarchive im Diözesanarchiv" in the middle, finally . . .
- Click on the desired Parish (Pfarre) to see what records are available at the Diocese Archives for that location.
By clicking on any letter (A-Z), you will be taken to a list of parishes beginning with that letter. Click on a parish name and contact information will be displayed for that location including a thumbnail photograph of the parish church.