Catholic Parishes included in Project
|Origin of Parish|
|From Pf. Raxendorf 1784; also from Pf. Maria Laach am Jauerling & Pf. Weiten|
|From Pf. Ottenschlag 1784; also from Pf. Martinsberg & Pf. Kottes|
|From Pf. Weiten early 1300's|
|From Pf. Weiten early 1100's; combined with Pf. Pöggstall 1628; separated again 1784|
|From Pf. Weiten early 1100's|
|From Pf. Weiten 1734; also from Pf. Kottes & Pf. Niederranna|
|Earliest Regional Parish established circa 1050|
With exception of more recent records that are kept in the individual parishes, all existing baptismal, marriage, and death records for these parishes are stored at the Catholic Diocese Archives in St. Pölten. A digitization project is currently underway throughout the St. Pölten Diocese, which will ultimately result in most non-current parish records being stored at the diocese archives in St. Pölten in both their original and digital formats.
Records Available at the St. Pölten Diocese Archives
- Once you arrive at the Diocese Archives web site . . .
- Click on "Familienforschung" to the left, then . . .
- "Pfarrarchive" to the right, then . . .
- "Recherche Pfarrarchive" to the right, then . . .
- "Pfarrarchive" in the middle, then . . .
- "Pfarrarchive im Diözesanarchiv" in the middle, finally . . .
- Click on the desired Parish (Pfarre) to see what records are available at the Diocese Archives for that location.
By clicking on any letter (A-Z), you will be taken to a list of parishes beginning with that letter. Click on a parish name and contact information will be displayed for that location including a thumbnail photograph of the parish church.